This post is in partnership with the Charleston Wine & Food Festival and Holy Spokes Bikeshare, but all opinions are my own.
It's super easy to get overwhelmed when you see the vast array of awesome events that The Charleston Wine & Food Festival offers each year. I wanted to share my top event picks, as well as some insider pointers I learned from last year! Here are the events I'll be going to and/or my favorites from last year:
1. Pecha Kucha, $45 // March 2, 7-11pm // There will be food from local food trucks and plenty of libations, then 8 speakers will inspire you with their 7 minute presentations. Choir! Choir! Choir! is doing a special performance this year, too. Ellen Marie Bennett from Hedley & Bennett is the emcee, and I just can't wait!
2. Namaste Bubbly, $65 // March 4, 9:30-12 // Sarah Frick of Charleston Power Yoga will lead an energizing yoga class in the Cedar Room, and then you'll enjoy lots of bubbly and healthy bites. This event was one of my favorites last year!
3. Brunch Squad, $100 (for locals) // March 3, 11-1:30 // We'll be helping prep our own brunch alongside The Apron Lady, Ellen Marie Bennett, and some guest chefs. There will be a DJ churning out fresh beats and we will possibly be churning some butter!
4. Queens on King, $125 // March 4, 11-1 // The William Aiken House is going to be super wild and fun when Monica Van Pelt and friends dazzle us with a drag show to accompany a delicious brunch!
5. Bowen's Fish Camp, $135 // March 1, 3:30-6 // The views on Bowen's Island are the perfect compliment to all the awesome food you'll get to try. There will also be live music playing, so this will be sure to be an entertaining evening!
Bike or Walk. Finding event parking will not be fun! I highly recommend getting around on foot or on bike. Did you know Charleston has a bike share program, Holy Spokes?! I've ridden their bikes a few times, and not only are they cute, the system is really user friendly. Read more about how it works here. They have a bike corral on nearly every corner, and you can find one near you on this map. You'll want to indulge in all of the fabulous food you'll encounter, so adding a little extra exercise this week is a nice way to balance all of the delicious festival eating!
Pace Yourself! There is a bite or sip everywhere you turn, so last year my best friend was something I dubbed a "water sandwich". Wine, water, wine, water. Repeat! This will keep you from over-imbibing, which is easy to do and takes all the fun out of an event before you know it!
Bring a Buddy! The events are such a great way to give your significant other the gift of a great experience. I know it adds up when you have to buy 2 tickets, but it's SO much more fun when you can bring another friend or your boo along with you to experience all the fun! We've gathered a whole group to go to Pecha Kucha Friday, and my awesome friend Andrea of Charleston Shop Curator will be at most of the other events with me. I hope she keeps me in line!
I'll be catching the festival along with the rest of the 2018 CHSWFF Street Team, so I hope to run into you! Follow us via the hashtag #CHSWFFStreetTeam on Instagram so you can see all the fun!